Friday, September 9, 2011

Bibliophile: Exhibit A - Elegance

One of my absolute favorite books is called Elegance.

It was published in 1965 by Genevieve Antoine Dariaux. I bought a wonderful old copy second hand after being introduced to Madame Dariaux via Elegance by Kathleen Tessaro published in 2004 (granted mine is an audio version -don't judge me - read by actress Elizabeth McGovern)...
...and A Guide to Elegance: For Every Woman Who Wants to Be Well and Properly Dressed on All Occasions - an updated version by Genevieve Antoine Dariaux herself published in 2004.
I have to tell you. I devoured each one. I reference the 2004 Dariaux from time to time. Madame Dariaux is an absolute sage. Her writing voice and style speak to the core of all things classically and simply right. Plus she's a bit cheeky. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment